Today my boyfriend bought a label maker
"By far, one of the best scenes in the book is where Kaling writes about the photo shoot she and Office co-star Ellie Kemper did for People’s Most Beautiful issue. When the stylist brought a trailer full of size zero gowns, Kaling found herself crying in the children’s bathroom of the public school where the photo shoot was happening. In the bathroom stall, she discovered a smear of what looked like excrement and a child’s graffiti: “This school is bulls–t!” which made her a) laugh and b) demand that the stylist alter one of the gowns to fit her. In the end photo, she’s smiling in a gorgeous fuchsia dress that the stylist had to rip down the back and alter with canvas. Looking at beautiful Kaling, though, you’d never know. It’s a sweet moment of chubby girl victory.” (via afterellen)
This is the story that truly made her my hero.
This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
"sad little bug" is the cutest and most accurate term ive heard used to describe a child because sometimes bugs are kinda super cute sometimes bugs are really fucking annoying and sometimes bugs are downright TERRIFYING
men don’t get to decide what is misogynistic
straight people don’t get to decide what it homophobic
cis people don’t get to decide what is transphobic
white people don’t get to decide what is racist
people in positions of power
don’t get to decide what is considered oppression
that’s how we move backwards, not forwards
blisssfulwonderland said: I'm curious as to how you think the name and content of your blog is not completely disrespectful and racist. I do not understand how African Americans feel entitled to shit on white people in every single way possible and think it is right and okay. If a white girl ever said "black girls ain't shit" it would be fucking world war three. But black people can say whatever they want about white people and it's a funny joke. Please explain this to me.
Okay, I have a whole. tag. that. is. labeled on my blog: “Why white girls ain’t shit?”
In the meantime,
1) white people can’t experience racism. Race is a social construct, which has been manipulated in the way that white people benefit from race and racism (by oppression of others)
2) You’re hurt about the wrong shit. If you’re really concerned about why Black people and people of color are upset and not kissing white people’s asses, you should be hurt about WHAT has happened and is happening for people to be so angry about you. If you can’t figure that out, you’re living in a fucking dreamland, and that’s probably one of the reasons why.
3) White girls do say “black girls ain’t shit”. Everyone does. They’ve done it for a very long time. They still do. Not a single war was started over that. In fact, it’s one of the most accepted jokes I’ve ever seen about any minority or marginalized group. Don’t believe me? check out #blackgirls on twitter, see how much bullshit you pull up. However…
4) White girls ain’t shit isn’t an unwarranted attack but more of a call out and a reaction to bullshit that has been dealt with for long enough, and probably will be dealt with (on a larger scale) for a little longer.
I shouldn’t have to explain this to you. If you knew your history, your current events, and the way the society we live in works, you would already know why the name and “content” of my blog isn’t disrespectful or racist. Please grow up.
The #TIMEtitles Twitter response to Time Magazine’s in depth look at the term (“of endearment”), “bae” has me rollin’…
Looking back at it….. DEAD
Children of color are old enough to face racism when they’re born. Old enough to bear the weight of stereotypes & hate before their little eyes can focus. But somehow white kids are supposed to be too delicate & too shielded to even know race exists because somehow that might hurt them. When your definition of innocent child doesn’t include my babies? I know what you’re on & I don’t have any patience for the lies you tell yourself or your children.
I am not obligated to carry out a pregnancy I do not want because YOU cannot conceive.
I am not obligated to carry out a pregnancy I am not prepared for because YOU dislike abortion.
I am not obligated to carry out a pregnancy I did not choose because YOU believe having a child is the only joy a person can have in life.
I am not obligated to carry out a pregnancy that could kill me because YOU value your ego over my life.
Get. Over. Your. Self.
Hijinks ensue at the medievalpoc twitter…
A reminder-this painting’s going to be on display this weekend (July 25-27) at the Newport Antiques Show, in case anyone wants to go see it in person!
Read more about this portrait of Thomas Howland and his life here!
HERE FOR ALL OF THIS